As an additional feature of the thermal out-of-plane measuring system MicroProf® TL, microDAC® TL can also be used to investigate in-plane displacement fields from single electrical components to complete assemblies.
The high-precision camera setup allows the determination of global and local deformation fields with an accuracy of up to 50nm in addition to the warpage measurement.
Especially in combination with the numerical simulation the system is very beneficial. Thermomechanical material data (CTE) can be determined as input for the simulation, and also the simulation results can be verified with the help of the deformation measurement.Brochure download (english)
The multi sensor measuring system MicroProf® TL is used for high-resolution 3D deformation measurement of thermally stressed specimens in the micro range. An automated thermal measurement in combination with the camera-based system microDAC® TL for in-plane strain and deformation measurement with a chromatic sensor for the determination of height profiles or height profile changes (warpage) takes place in the system.
A large field of application of the MicroProf® TL is the thermomechanical optimization of electronic systems.
Fields of application are
- Clarification of thermomechanical deformation and failure mechanisms
- Determination of thermal expansion coefficients in local material areas with highest accuracy
- Characterization of joint connections (e.g. solder, sinter or adhesive connections) in the cross section of the material composite or electronic structure
- Experimental verification of FE simulation results for reliability assessment
- Optical surface measurement at different specimen temperatures
- Programmable temperature control
- Temperature range from -80° to 400°C
- High heating and cooling rate
- Temperature stability: < 1°C
- Fully automated
|MicroProf® TL||Add-on microDAC® TL|
|Kind of scan||Point type||Field type|
|Field of view||300 x 300mm²||
from 4.2 x 3.8mm²
up to 34 x 28mm²
(Displacement / Strain)
|up to 6.0µm||up to 0.19µm / 0.01%|