VEDDAC volume is a measurement software for the characterization of structural changes inside materials. The microDAC® volume method is based on 3D volume correlation (DVC - Digital Volume Correlation) of radiographic data. Selected algorithms for calculation and visualization are used, adapted to the specifics of the range of radiographic data used in practice, in order to enable the evaluation of deformation mechanisms. This makes VEDDAC volume the preferred tool for evaluating images from load experiments in X-ray computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
VEDDAC volume is now for sale with an interesting market launch offer. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Brochure download (german) (english)
VEDDAC volume is used to compare two load states of a volume from an in-situ or ex-situ experiment.
The basis is pattern recognition inside the materials own structures. The measurement information consists of spatial displacement and strain fields in the inner volume of objects. The user can freely select the position and density of the measuring point grid, combination of the calculation algorithms implemented in the software, sizes of the calculation filters, location of the strain calculation. Prerequisite for the application of the method in general are material contrasts and/or density differences in the object to be examined.
With our new 3D visualization you can easily visualize your correlation results impressively. 3D sectional images and semi-transparent 3D illustrations allow users to locate and highlight even the smallest material changes. VEDDAC volume is an essential tool for the early detection of material failure.
The data export includes the output of data tables in common formats for further post-processing, the export of all image views generated by the user including the possibility to automatically generate image sequences of various representations.
- System requirements: Windows 10, DirectX 11 featured high-performance graphics card with >4GB RAM (Nvidia/AMD)
- RAM at least as large as both CT data sets together, double the size is recommended
- Processing of 2 load states each
- Manufacturer-independent data format can be read in (CT data as Bitmap image stack, pre-registered*)
- Visualization of the raw data 2D/3D
- Set and visualize measuring points
- Selection of various parameters for the calculation with DVC
- Performing the calculation, resolution of the calculated displacement up to 0.01 Voxel
- Visualization of the results of the calculation 2D/3D
- Filtering of the calculation data as required
- Calculation of strains (local/global)
- Export results: Images 2D/3D, data numerical
*The registration of the data to be read in means that the spatial position of the object states considered in each case is largely identical in 3D space. The registration function is usually available with commercially available software for visualization, as is the export of image stacks of successive CT sectional images.